Can we dance now?


  D.D.14.11.14 // Our school dinner dance! A quintessential part of the Year 10 experience, as I'd like to think. In other words, our year hasn't had a single decent social and this would've been impossible to pass up. It became a night to savour, before getting wrapped up in upper school affairs. I had been anxious of any potential mishaps but it all went by seamlessly. (3 hours were not enough!) Of my anticipation, I had a few paramount goals in mind:

1 // Eat my fill - including dessert. 2 // Dance with as many people as possible. 3 // Try not to trip. 4 // Commemorate the formal occasion with photos. 5 // Have a much-needed, golden night.
  To sum it up, it was a mass semi-formal party with many of my favourites. The buffet was brilliant, too. I accomplished all my intended goals with the exception of #3. Only once, and that was excusable as it was on the dance floor. (Oh and when I carelessly asked Liz to give me a piggyback, sorry Liz.) #4 was carried out with iPhone photos, so please don't mind the quality. These are some of the night's highlights. Surprisingly, the rest of my year group was eager to dance, hence I didn't feel alone on the effervescent party spirit. The DJ's music picks weren't the most tasteful but that's alright. #2 was still executed well. What a great way to commence the start of formals, to celebrate our years in high school thus far. 
  It was actually my first proper time getting all done up - think hair, make-up and heels - but I warmed up to it fairly well. I had a lovely lady called Catherine help me out with curling my hair and minimal makeup, which I even hated to say goodbye to when getting un-ready. I felt a bit anxious and out of my element at first, until I arrived and received numerous compliments. I soon was exuding confidence and I honestly couldn't get over how great everyone looked! I also got henna done by an amazing girl who I used to go to primary school with. My look for the night came together as Indian-esque - with gorgeous henna, Pearl's gifted bangles from India and bright tangerine as a centre-piece. I'm really quite happy I went with my choices. Again, I'm incredibly content with the amazing vibe thanks to the convivial crowd all around with me.

YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN // GFC // INSTAGRAM // SOUNDCLOUD // SPOTIFY

20 comments:

  1. aww you look gorgeous rachel! looks like a wonderful night!

    bella x

    http://sincerelyisabella.blogspot.com.au/



    PS. I shot you a lil' email, I'd love to know what you think xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you're a babe! It's so fun to see pictures where everybody looks happy and like they're having fun! Sounds you had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, you look gorgeous! I absolutely love the dress too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful night it must have been. It's something that you can always look back on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous Rachel!
    I love love love the curls!
    I am so glad you had a wonderful time, you deserve it. I saw this on facebook but I'm happy to have some more photos to see! It looks like so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH PRETTY PRETTY! Your makeup and shoes were absolutely fabulous (looking at your year group, I have no idea why we, year 11s, dressed up so fancy...)!
    You guys also seemed to have so much more fun. For me, I probably enjoyed getting ready more than the actual night hahahaha... The pics are super cute!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Bella! And my apologies, I haven't touched my email in about a week - my bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's what it sure was, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Indeed, that's what I like to see it as xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Meg! Thank you, they were quite new to me. (Not going to lie, not an expert in the beauty department.)
    You're always so sweet and just really thanks for that! It was a heap of fun, but I'm sure you're having more than your fair share of that too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Joyce, I suppose it was the atmosphere! Having 280 kids all done up was an eyeopener, I know I certainly had myself checking everyone out in the first hour haha. I know the senior formals are much better, so you have that to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look gorgeous!! And your shoes are my absolute favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had a great night, you look lovely!! I wish my year 11 prom went like this but sadly it wasn't half as good. I wish I had an excuse to dress up now though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rachel you are seriously the biggest babe and those shoes are to die for! :') <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look adorable!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, I know I jump at any time to get dressed up haha! Uniform can be a bummer.

    ReplyDelete

A huge shoutout to my readers who acknowledge my efforts, and continue to spur me on. I can't thank you enough! The words I receive in turn are so heartwarming. To have come so far from a homemade blog back in 2011, to know that I have reached out to others - it fills me with mirth; say, a cause for my existence. I hope you enjoy paging through this blog, as much as I find repose from pouring myself into it. And don't be shy, I'd really like to hear from you!
Follow

© LUCID STARS 2016. All content rightfully belongs to me unless stated otherwise.

Powered by Blogger. Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC.