Art reprise.

  Contrary to popular belief, the extent of my artsiness involves dignifying city murals. I'm no artist - and that's no confession, just fact. I've been meaning to be more conscious towards art, and bloggers like Amy and Tara have often pressed that urge. I used to love art and eventually I strayed from it. Luckily for me, my friend Lauren suggested that we visit the state art gallery. I hadn't ever been before, so we were determined to make the trip happen in the holidays. (It's hard to come by like-minded people who will readily embrace art.) So we cut to the chase, and set off on our pursuit.
  After appreciating prolific exhibitions, we decided we were done for the day. The art mission deemed fulfilling for our palates. We proceeded to a tucked-away café, according to Lauren's expertise. I'm an absolute sucker for little cafés, especially with an earthy yet urban twist. This one ceremoniously filed itself under that classification. We stuck around for a bit, chatted some more over fruity drinks and laughed lots. (Lauren pulled out mini M&Ms for the second time that day. Obviously, she knows all about adding flavour to life.) In any case, I'd be willing for a sequel to this new art-bound series.

YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN // GFC // INSTAGRAM // SOUNDCLOUD // SPOTIFY

21 comments:

  1. I need to visit somewhere like this. I love the simplicity of the whole place.


    Gorgeous photos Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these photos are impeccable Rachel! they make the gallery look like our very own MoMA ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melbourne will do you nicely then! I wish I would've had more time there to visit the galleries, do me proud and go there for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would've barely thought that! I see some sort of resemblance now, haha. Thanks Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such gorgeous pictures, Rachel! I find that pictures in art museums are the absolute best xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! And that's a sure way to put it, Shreya. Too right you are xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tara x fashionbambini6:30 am, October 06, 2014

    Looks like you had an amazing day!!
    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This place is gorgeous! I would really want to visit a place like this soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you must! It will do you some good, especially since you're the type. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's official, I am coming to live with you.
    We will do this every day. Who needs and education? :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well missy, I have no objection. Come on over to the west side ;)
    And goodness, you don't need an education when you have blogger friends!

    ReplyDelete
  12. everything in the gallery looks so detailed! but it's the neon lightbulbs that really caught my eye. i'd like to have one of them in my room haha. i wish you had more snapshots of the decor of the cafe! my curious eyes are eager to see moreee......

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, if I had any of these pieces in my room I'd be over the room! I'll be sure to take even more shots if I'm ever there next time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE art galleries and museums. There's something so special about it...I'm not sure what. This gallery looks amazing! I especially love those geometrical paintings and the strings of light bulbs. And as always, your photography is amazing. Gah.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree completely. Those pieces would have to be my favourites, too! And I recommend you head over to my friend Lauren's blog, she does them waaay more justice than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love being in galleries, especially when they're peaceful and airy with white walls and huge windows. And I LOVE your new layout!!! It's so great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yessss! That's the ultimate haven, right next to being in nature.
    And thanks a bunch, nice to know someone's noticed after all that meticulous editing :) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey! Sorry about the email not being there. I must have forgotten to add it in. However, it is jennifershxme@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh.
    i love art so much it makes my heart ache.
    -Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can tell from your blog, your creations are just heart-stopping! x

    ReplyDelete

A huge shoutout to my readers who acknowledge my efforts, and continue to spur me on. I can't thank you enough! The words I receive in turn are so heartwarming. To have come so far from a homemade blog back in 2011, to know that I have reached out to others - it fills me with mirth; say, a cause for my existence. I hope you enjoy paging through this blog, as much as I find repose from pouring myself into it. And don't be shy, I'd really like to hear from you!
Follow

© LUCID STARS 2016. All content rightfully belongs to me unless stated otherwise.

Powered by Blogger. Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC.