Phoenix concert + update!


  I'm proud to say that I have officially been to a concert. That's right, I'm no longer a concert virgin anymore! I just saw Phoenix live, and they were absolutely phenomenal! These photos do no justice to them. No joke, they are perfect live. The suspense was killing me after waiting for a half hour; the second they turned up, all of us ran to the front to get as close as we could.
  The best feeling was when I recognised Entertainment at the start and shamelessly sang along to it. Many hits followed after that, including Lisztomania, Countdown, 1901 and my personal favourite, Trying To Be Cool. (Earlier this week I'd made the instantaneous decision to attend the concert with my long-time friend Benita, whom I've seen thrice this past week; talk about third time's the charm. We were like, 'What the heck, why not?' since we're both huge fans of several indie bands - we share the similar passion for quite a few. You may have seen this post on Instagram, of spontaneity upon picking up the event poster.)
  Of course, I didn't regret going at all as I danced the night away, bopping up and down in the atmospheric throng of Phoenix fans, with resplendent lights showering the scene. The entire show was heart-stopping, to say the least. It was pretty crazy at times - Thomas Mars surfed the crowd quite a bit, and at the end the entire first floor was invited onto stage. Now that's unpredictable! It made for one of the most enthralling nights of my life. 

  Anyway I know I haven't been writing much, and hopefully you can excuse that. (Take the overload of photos as compensation.) As you can tell, I'm currently in Singapore on holiday. This trip has been bloody wonderful so far. Since the start of January, my days of outings have proved to be memorable experiences, that are challenging to sum up in words. By the time I get back, I'm much too tired to write. However, I am going to be writing more soon, once I do calm down from all this ardent activity.

  Lately I've been positively overwhelmed; my schedule is packed, full to the brim with liveliness. I'm so goddamn happy - the best way to put it, really - from having a blast with people I haven't seen in a long while. It's a nice feeling, when friendships don't change. But at the same time I've also been missing everyone back home in Australia like crazy. I am constantly up at night, restless at the idea of future happenings. Don't get me wrong though, you have no idea how fortunate I feel to be living luxuriously. 

  Anyway, thanks for sticking around if you've made it this far. I really appreciate those who take the time to read and comment, even though I don't reply on a regular basis. If you'd like to leave the highlight(s) of your week down below, I'd love to know! x

YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN // GFC // INSTAGRAM // SOUNDCLOUD // SPOTIFY

22 comments:

  1. I love phoenix so much ! your so lucky to have seen them live ! I Recently just posted about my Paramore experience if you want to read it on my blog (: x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I consider myself quite fortunate too haha! And I'll definitely pop by and have a look :)

      Delete
  2. Seems like a lot of fun! Glad you've been having fun in Singapore, guess it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's much better than I thought it'd be, but I do miss home so much :(

      Delete
  3. i am extremely beyond jealous. but i think it's awesome that the first concert you saw was a band that you adore. xx

    - kennedi
    // myfavoritecolorisshiny.blogspot.com //

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You needn't worry, bands tour the US all the time! And yes, I'm more than glad that Phoenix was my first. :)

      Delete
  4. Looked like it was a blast! Hahaha noting that rocker gesture ;) Getting into the vibe I see ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure was, and of course haha! No way would I pass up an opportunity to be acceptably loud and crazy. You know me ;)

      Delete
  5. I hope you're having fun in Singapore-so jealous that you got to see Phoenix, they're the best!

    Little Blue Backpack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and haha the time will come for you too!

      Delete
  6. ah phoenix is a great band to lose your concert virginity too! so jealous xx
    www.thefrillseekers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had an amazing time Rachel!

    Stacey xx
    www.talk-pretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only know one song by Phoenix and that's Lasso but I love it! It's just such a good tune. I love going to gigs and this makes me miss it, I wish I went more often, live music is an awesome experience. So glad to hear you had a great time and I hope you have even more fun on your holiday!
    Amy x
    Everything and Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how great they are; it takes one song to get someone hooked ;) I'd love to know which gigs you've been to. This is my first and I'll be glad to go to more. Thanks Amy, you're lovely x

      Delete
  9. Take your time girl, it's nice to take off for a while and relax, no pressure! :) And wow I'm glad you enjoyed the concert, I've had the luck to go to several ones, the one which stuck to my mind the most was Avril Lavigne's (actually saw her twice), my fave singer <3
    Just like you, the highlight of my week was meeting old friends yesterday night, minus the negative/gossiper ones. Hadnt felt that happy and comfortable in a really long time :')

    Make the best out of your vacation! *hugs hugs hugs* <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah she's a true classic! Cheers to both of our good times, it's absolutely great that we can relate to each other on that. (I mean, I feel a little annoying constantly saying how great life has been for the past weeks!) And you too, I've seen countless photos. Love you xo

      Delete
  10. Ahhh this is so cool, Phoenix are so so good!
    I'm very envious xo
    http://noise-and-confusionn.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You needn't be, they'll be touring UK fairly soon :))

      Delete

A huge shoutout to my readers who acknowledge my efforts, and continue to spur me on. I can't thank you enough! The words I receive in turn are so heartwarming. To have come so far from a homemade blog back in 2011, to know that I have reached out to others - it fills me with mirth; say, a cause for my existence. I hope you enjoy paging through this blog, as much as I find repose from pouring myself into it. And don't be shy, I'd really like to hear from you!
Follow

© LUCID STARS 2016. All content rightfully belongs to me unless stated otherwise.

Powered by Blogger. Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC.